(Last updated: November 20, 2023)
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR TRADE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR TRADE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING HAWAII) & THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE. VOID IN HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Otto Thanksgiving Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Hawaii) and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older and the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (an eligible “Entrant” or “Participant”). Otto (the “Sponsor”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and all of the foregoing companies’ respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. For purposes of this Promotion, the term “immediate family members” is defined to include spouses, partners, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and “steps”. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Participants must comply with these Official Rules and the Conditions of Entry. Determination of compliance will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/Administrator.
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on November 22, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT"), ends on November 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer systems or that of its designee is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR TRADE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING ARE THE SAME REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY YOU USE.
There are two (2) methods you can use to enter the Sweepstakes, as further detailed below:
Method 1: Sign up for an Otto account before the end of the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Method 2: Free Alternative Mail-in Method of Entry - To enter via mail without creating or using an Otto account legibly hand write the following information on the front of a 3”x5” card or piece of paper: your first and last name, postal address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Insert this completed single 3”x 5” card or piece of paper in a #10 business envelope and mail it, with sufficient postage, to: 15233 Ventura Blvd. Suite 553 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. The return address and mailing address on the envelope must be complete and legibly handwritten.
Mail-in entries must include all requested information (as stated above) to be considered an entry. A maximum of one (1) mail-in entry per stamped outer mailing envelope is permitted. Entries submitted in violation of this limitation will be deemed invalid. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 27, 2023 and received by December 5, 2023. Mail-in entries received without a verifiable and legible return address that do not contain all of the required information will be deemed incomplete and invalid.
Requests for confirmation of receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged. No photocopies, facsimiles or reproductions of mail-in entry will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, incomplete, illegible, postage due, or misdirected entries. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
4. Entry Limitations: Regardless of the method of entry you use, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address throughout the Promotion Period. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, using multiple accounts or any other method will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to create entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a Potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entrant’s Coinbase account (or submitted with the mail-in entry, as applicable) (“Entrant’s Email Address”), and a Potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the applicable email account. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. Random Drawing: One (1) Potential winners (“Potential winners”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received on or about December 5, 2023. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person/household in this Promotion.
6. Potential Winner Notification: Only Potential winners will be contacted via email at Entrant’s Email Address by a representative of the Sponsor with instructions on how to claim their prize and will be required to respond to such email within forty-eight (48) hours of the date and time email was sent by Sponsor. Potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability or any other document needed to validate eligibility (the “Documents”) within five (5) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays) of notification by Sponsor or its designee. In the event a Potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the email within the allotted time, refuses the prize, fails or refuses to timely return completed Documents, or if a prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit all interest in the prize without further notice and Sponsor reserves the right to select a substitute winner or not award the applicable prize. Sponsor and/or Administrator will not enter into any correspondence with non-winning Entrants.
NOTE: To claim a prize in this Sweepstakes, all Potential winners who do not have an active Coinbase account will be required to create a Coinbase account (it is free to create an account) in accordance with Rule #3 above within five (5) days (including Saturday, Sundays and holidays) of notification by Sponsor or its designee. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILTY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
7. Prizes and Prize Restrictions:
Tier 1: one (1) winner will receive One Thousand ($1,000) in USD.
Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 6-8 weeks of winner verification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails including without limitation undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in the user's account to receive an email. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures and applicable deadlines for responding in connection with the selection of any winner or substitute winner. Upon prize forfeiture or inability to use a prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that Participant.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right where lawful to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for any/all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize. Prize details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, any prize that is undeliverable. Winners acknowledge that Sponsor’s ability to fulfill the prizes offered in the Sweepstakes is subject to U.S. economic restrictions and trade sanctions that may prohibit Sponsor from dealing with certain individuals; as such, Sponsor reserves the right to deny distribution of any prize when required by applicable law. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any costs associated with claiming or seeking to claim a prize, or using a prize.
8. Taxes: The value of the prizes is taxable as income to the winners. Each winner is solely responsible for paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s). Each winner will be subject to an onboarding verification process and is required to provide any requested tax reporting information before any prize is awarded including name, date of birth, address, phone numbers and social security number or taxpayer identification number. The value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Any person receiving at least six hundred dollars ($600) from the Sponsor will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Each winner is required to notify the Sponsor if any information provided hereunder changes, including the winner's address. Potential winners should consult an accountant or tax professional to determine tax implications in accepting and using (including conducting transactions of) any prize.
9. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance/receipt/use or misuse of any prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, the Administrator and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use on a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive basis, the winner’s name, likeness, photograph and/or hometown and state in any media for advertising, trade and publicity purposes without further approval or compensation to winner.
11. General: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail, misdirected email, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, malfunctions, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete, faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud, human error, technical failures, natural disaster, governmental order, the effects of COVID-19 or any pandemic, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion; or if a virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is so cancelled or modified, Sponsor may award prizes from among all eligible participants prior to such action and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes.
12. Limitation of Liability: TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WITHOUT LIMITING SPONSOR’S OBLIGATIONS TO AWARD PRIZES TO THE WINNERS SELECTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN YOUR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF ANY) OR (B) ANY LOST PROFITS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, INTANGIBLE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.